Clinical Services - Sexual Health Clinic
The Sexual Health Clinic is located at the Lucas site of Ballarat Community Health.
Our team of qualified health professionals pride themselves in a non judgmental, welcoming clinic providing services to men and women of all ages.
We do not discriminate; Gay Lesbian Bisexual and Transgender (GLBT) and same sex attracted clients are welcome.
Some of the consultation services include;
- Information and support on sexual and reproductive health
- Sexually Transmitted Infection Screens (STI) –testing, counselling and treatments, you may not know you have an STI – most people have no symptoms.
- Contraception Services - something you do or take to prevent pregnancy. These include;
- Mirena insertion and removal
- Implanon insertion and removal
- Cooper IUD insertion and removal
- The Combined Pill
- The Minipill
- Depo Provera injections
- Unexpected Pregnancy Counselling - If you think you may be pregnant, we can provide pregnancy testing, counselling and advice, as well as referrals
To make an appointment
An appointment can be made by phoning (03) 5338 4541 or call in to make one at 12 Lilburne Street, Lucas.
Services may attract a minimal fee. Please request an estimate when booking your appointment and bring along your current Medicare card
No client will be denied access to services as a result of their inability to pay a fee.
Health Professionals provide information on an individual basis at appointments. Nurses also provide health promotion and education at schools and other groups.
To find out more about these or other services at Ballarat Community Health,
drop in to a site near you or call our central phone number: (03) 5338 4500.